Sunday, December 13, 2009

Working With a Group

I recently started using a Web 2.0 tool called Wiggio,www.wiggio.com, which is designed to improve working with groups. Soem times working with a group or groups is like herding cats, it seems simple but there are so many going in different directions it hard to keep everyone together.

In my application of the tool I am working with three groups, spread over eleven states at twenty two different sites. The wiggio site is like a wiki, in that memebrs are invited to join and there are links for the group to use. Wiggio provides an areas for uploading files, videos, power point presentations and documents. This allows the memebrs of the site to edit, view or download the files to use. the editing feature allows group memeber to work colllectively on a document and retain previous versions to refer or revert ot.

A calendar feature allows all memebrs to the group to schedule or view events. A meeting tab gives the group the abiliity to have a virtual meeting, an ongoing discussion or a place to post comments. If you were interested in finding out how the group thinks about a specific issue or topic, a polling feature is avbailable that can be designed to send out questionaires to group memebers and tabulate the results.

I have found that using this tool has given my business a new and forward thinking look to those individuals and organizations I am working with. This also is a great "value added" benefit that only costs me my time, what a deal. If interested, check out wiggio, makes working with a group easier, although I don't think it will help with those cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment